|"Fierce Like Lord Furter"|
|Airdate:||September 13, 2006|
|Written by:||Jeffrey Paul Kearney,|
|Supervising Producer:||Savin Yeatman-Eiffel|
|Supervising Director:||Thomas Romain,|
|Story Editor:||Jeffrey Paul Kearney|
“Fierce Like Lord Furter” is the second episode of the Cycle Ōban, and the 15th of the overall series. It first aired on September 13, 2006.
As the second race of the finals approaches, Molly and Jordan have caught the attention of Lord Furter, a self-described pirate. The crude little alien prides himself on winning, by eliminating his opponents before the start of each race, and the Earth Team is his next target.
Molly and Jordan explore the ruins on Ōban, and run into Lord Furter and his alien pirate crew. He has them both tied up and dragged to a bottomless pit when an earthquake occurs. Furter and his men run away as the ruins collapse. Molly and Jordan are rescued from the ruins by a giant alien creature. Once the earthquake is over, the creature begins to sing and is joined by its companions. By the time Molly and Jordan get free of the ropes tying them and run back to the temple, the race is about to start.
Stan and Koji have given the Whizzing Arrow III a few booster engine upgrades to make the drop from the module a little less bumpy. Molly proceeds to first position in the race, and out of nowhere, Lord Furter's ship comes up, not even passing through the stone gate checkpoints. Furter seizes the Arrow III with restraints and Jordan has to fight off the little pirates in his crew. Suddenly an enormous lake monster comes out of the water and prepares to eat the two ships. Molly veers just in time to avoid being swallowed. Lord Furter's ship is not so lucky, but it is promptly spat out. By the time Molly gets back on course, though, it is too late to win any points.
Ning and Skun take the high points in this race, just behind Ondai and Sul. Sul still remains in first place, but once again, the Earth Team receives no points. Don Wei scolds Molly about this when she returns to the module. Her reply reminds him of something Maya once said to him. He walks off without another word, leaving both Molly and Jordan confused.
- Original French Title: Furieux comme Lord Furter
- Original French Air Date: September 13, 2006
- Japanese Title: 凶暴なファーター卿 (Kyōbōna Fātā kyō, Violent Lord Furter)
- While Molly is exploring the ruins, she finds a pillar with Canaletto's symbol on it. This is the third time she has seen it; the first time was in Resistant Like Rush, and the second was in Make Way!.
- The singing creatures are never called by name in the series, but official materials call them Drudgers.
- The name of William J. Wilde on Jordan's dog tags is shown for the first time.